Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another Compass Fob

This one is different from the other two types I have made. I wanted it to show more of the compass than the 5 bight versions. This one uses 6. It's no mystery that I love the Matthew Walker Knot and this one has two. I found the middle of 3 strands that were 4 feet long and tied the MWK. Then I had 6 strands to use and made 3 over 2 crowns. Then I let the ends hang down and tied a wall knot. From the wall I went over 2 and under 1 back towards the over 2 crown. Looks like a kellem grip to me except the kellems we use at work are over 1 under 1. I put in the compass and tightened. Next I tied the final 6 strand MWK and tightened the "kellem" some more. Trimmed it all up then put it under a cold tap. Once dry it helped tighten everything up, if you get paracord wet it shrinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment